Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Jarrod & Rawlins @ Jalan Bangkung Bangsar

Have you visited Jarrod & Rawlins before?  A recent invite to their new outlet launch brought me there so I'm no longer a "newbie" now.


One of Kuala Lumpur's favourite restaurant pub, Jarrod & Rawlins opens its third branch in upscale Bangsar neighbourhood.  Located along tranquil and cosy strip of Jalan Bangkung, Jarrod & Rawlins Bangkung is modelled after a modern British gastro pub serving wholesome and hearty food in a smart yet inviting environment suitable for all occassions be it a private party or a business luncheon.


Upon entry elegant sage green walls with comfy booths and large mirrors just invited me to make myself comfortable by settling down with a glass of wine and enjoy the night away with drinks, good food and great company!


We were treated to canapes that night and even though it's bite size, the goodness of the food can be tasted.  I can just imagine the wonders of having a full serving all by myself! :p




As with other Jarrod & Rawlins branches, J&R Bangkung is the perfect foodie destination.  The menu features J&R's all time favourite sausages, hearty sandwiches and gourmet burgers along with satisfying pastas and well like pub classics.  Due to space constraints, the popular Jarrod & Rawlins delicatessen is not a feature at Jalan Bangkung's branch but fret not for it is easily found in its neighbouring branch in Damansara Heights and in their branch in Ampwalk.


There's free flow of red wine, white wine, beer and guinness draft during the launch. My pick for that night is white wine, my favourite over red. Although I love guinness draft as well, wine would still be my choice *wink* *wink*




I must say that I love the "Full Works", Breaded Pork Schnitzel & Onion Relish with Apple Sauce and Grilled Prime Tenderloin & Horseradish Chive Butter a lot.  I also challenged myself to try the Watermelon & Feta with Mint Salsa.  Am surprised by the taste of sweet and salty which is quite unusual but nice.

Another two that I would like to mention is the Chili Con Carne and Dynamite Chili Pizza.  Being a spicy food lover, I love these two to bits!!


Chili Con Carne - looks simple but dont be deceived for one mouth and I'm hooked.  Kept going back for more.  Cant stop! just cant stop.... for it's spicy enough to perk me up and the warmed con carne with meat and beans just warm me up.  It eludes comfort and coziness for me...


I had a slice of this and went "WOW" but alas it was all gone in a jiffy.  It's also spicy as the name dynamite chili suggested but not overly spicy till you can't feel your tongue.  Addictive.  I think I can just finish it all up myself.


Jarrod & Rawlins with it's fine selection of quality wine, champagne, whiskey and beer, you are guaranteed to have a complete and memorable dining experience.  With this recent addition of J&R Bangkung in Bangsar, Jarrod & Rawlins now has branches in prime locations across Kuala Lumpur and one in Kota Kinabalu.


Now for me to hint to hubby to bring me here again.  For my coming birthday maybe?? I hope you are reading this :p

Jarrod & Rawlins Bangkung
63 Jalan Bangkung
Bangsar
Kuala Lumpur
(T) 603 - 2095 1608

Mondays to Fridays : 11am to late
Saturday & Sundays : 10am to late

3 comments:

Henry Tan said...

the place looks cozy! what about the price? must be not cheap too! =S

Nikel Khor said...

I wish get back there and get drunk again.. wow

Cynthia said...

oh yes.. I been to one.. used to go one that in Cap Square.. and they gave good service too!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
[life-muses] - a memoir... Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template