Saturday, March 24, 2012

Corus Hotel Weekly Themed Hi-Tea

Right after I came back from Macau, I joined my blogger friends for Hi-Tea at Corus Hotel(previously known as Ming Court Hotel donkey years ago).

As I've been having lots of Macau food, I was really looking forward to have back our KL food and am so glad that Corus Hotel was serving "The Taste of Malacca's Best", second theme of the month.

The Weekly Themed Hi-Tea is serve in Dondang Sayang coffee house which is spacious and bright.

This local themed hi-tea selection offers cosmopolitan brunch cum hi-tea that showcases Malacca's best which is the main highlight accompanied by International tastes from around the world.

We savoured a lot that day from Nyonya Laksa, Salted Vegetable Duck - a favourite of mine which always make me think of my grandma who usually cook this to Yam Cakes.

There's Ikan Bakar, how can we forget this! Each time I'm in Malacca this would be one of my favourite dish to order especially when I dip the fish flesh in cincalok!

Satay of course! I had the chicken and beef. Love the beef satay for it was not tough. Tender moist grilled to perfection. Aahhh, Malaysia food is still the BEST!

When you say Malacca, it usually equates to Nyonya. So what's Malacca Best without something nyonya right? I found pie-tees *squeal* My favourite anytime anyday! Just keep popping em into my mouth. Hey, it's healthy for the ingredients are made up of assortment of veges :)

Then there's lobak and four colour rolls which gave me a homely feel. My mum makes her own lobak at home. And then I saw Ponteh Chicken! Aaahhhh this is a truly Nyonya dish but I found it a bit watery. Am still used to my mum's Ponteh Chicken, been eating it for xx years mah right! Tastebud cannot change overnight :p

Each time I'm at a buffet, I'm spoiled for choice! There's more food but I want to tell you something. If you are a parent, you will definitely like this.

Spotted - Kid's Corner :D They have Kid's Corner for your kiddos to be kept busy with sand art activites, balloon sculptures, blocks and they have a screen that plays cartoon. So you can choose a table near to this corner, eat your heart out while still keeping an eye on your kids.


Fret not that they go hungry for they have their own short buffet line. Kid's meal! Now doesn't this sound good? They have their own spread on top of adult's spread.

Ooh before I go into the dessert, the main spread also has the fame Satay Celup (steamboat satay). You won't want to miss this when you're in Malacca. Now you don't have to drive all the way down for Corus Hotel brought it to you here right in the heart of KL City!

Tempted yet by the dessert? There's more and more and more.... So which shall I pick?

Kuih, cakes, doughnuts, sweet soup, ais kacang. Ooh my this is truly a Malaysian indulgent after having wanton mee, dumplings and milk tea for a few days in Macau. Just love sinking my teeth into the kuih talam that is fragrant with coconut and pandan (screwpine leaves) accompanied by munching into the assortment of surprises in the ais kacang :D

I think I need to detox myself before the next indulgence! :p


Dondang Sayang Coffee House
Corus Hotel Kuala Lumpur
(T) 603 - 2161 8888 / 2160 5923

The themed hi-tea buffet changes every weekend with best food from Penang, Malacca, Ipoh as well as Western cuisines. Priced at RM39++ for adult and RM25++ for children, the themed hi-tea is available every Saturdays, Sundays and Public Holidays from 12pm to 4pm.

After such heavy hi-tea, you can always walk over to the iconic Petronas Twin Towers and Suria KLCC for some shopping for it's just a 5 minutes walking distance.

6 comments:

choi yen said...

The kid's corner definitely very useful for parent like us :)

Big boys oven said...

Very affordable price

Nikel Khor said...

The Nyonya kuih look fine.. cant find it simply anywhere right!

~ Xi@nG~ said...

Arghh.... I miss their satay! Too nice to be! Yums!

Kitty said...

I like the idea of kid's corner! Nice food and reasonable price too.

Food Dreams said...

lovely place for some indulgence and the Kids corner is a brilliant idea! I like the food there a lot..

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
[life-muses] - a memoir... Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template