Thursday, November 17, 2011

The Tranquerah

Last Sunday while visiting the Red Carpet Avenue Bazaar (post on this later), we were caught in a thunderstorm and couldnt leave the place to walk back to our car which was park quite a distance away.

With two kids in tow and rain beating heavily against the roof, we decided to seek shelter and chill out while waiting for the rain to stop. We decided to have our tea break at The Tranquerah. I've heard great reviews before about this restaurant that serves Malacca Nyonya Cuisine and now I can get a chance to try it! :D

real vegetables are part of the decos that greet you when you enter The Tranquerah

As we had no intention of having early dinner at 4.30pm, we decided to order desserts.

ice kacang

cendol

Just desserts feels a bit plain, thus we decided to order some snacks to munch on. Too bad they didnt have any otak-otak that day :(

pie tee with a twish, sitting pretty in the dimsum basket

I was surprised as their Pie Tee is something different from the usual ones that I ate before. The Tranquerah Pie Tees has a unique sauce (?) and mmm just thinking about it makes me want to go back and get this comfort healthy snack now!

juicy nyonya fried chicken

Since it's raining cats and dogs, we also wanted to spice up our taste bud and opted for the Nyonya Fried Chicken. When it was served, it was so aromatic! A bite into it and I'm in lurve ♥ ♥ plus its juicy :))

I'm gonna come back here to try the other dishes especially Ponteh Chicken. Nyonya's are well known for their Ponteh Chicken and the last time I had this dish in Malacca itself, it was a big disaapointment as it didnt come close to what I've known Ponteh Chicken tastes like.

I hope the Ponteh Chicken that I'm going to try at The Tranquerah comes close to the one I dish out at home. Yes! I got a tiny trickle of Nyonya blood in me for my grandmother is a Nyonya! :D

Besides good food, the decos in The Tranquerah will transport you back to the olden days. Check this out.

Old packaging of F&N. It's like decades since I seen any of these and I saw it here at The Tranquerah!

You dont get empty bottles, they have rows of these F&N filled with drinks! I wonder if it's drinkable. You dare to try?

Packaging of bottles the olden way?

Alright now I need to set a date for my dinner at The Tranquerah to try out their dishes. Can't wait!!

The Tranquerah
Red Carpet Avenue
Encorp Strand
Jalan PJU 5/22
Kota Damansara
(T) 603 - 6142 4106

5 comments:

prince n princess mum said...

Great dining!

Merryn said...

yeah go try the ponteh. it's good!

Merryn said...

yeah go try the ponteh. it's good!

missyblurkit said...

Yes the pongteh is good and a musttry is also the the ikan cincaru sumbat. awesome!

Kelvin 'finalkt3' Tan said...

How much more dearer is it priced than eating such things on the street? :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
[life-muses] - a memoir... Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template