Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Encorp Strand ~ Le Tapis Rouge (The Red Carpet)

The building that made me kept glancing back each time I passed by and wonder makes me wonder no more! On 15 September 2011, everyone was invited to attend their Carnivale - A Night of Celebration of Being Malaysian. It was also the night of The Red Carpet Avenue Grand Launch!

Le Tapis Rouge which means The Red Carpet in French is a versatile concept built around the experience of celebration.

Curiosity got the better of me that night. After dropping of my boy for his class, I went to nose around. The main entrance was cordoned off for VIPs. Noted though that there wasn't any signage to direct us "public visitors" where to enter. Not giving up easily since the banner said "All Are Welcome", I went to the side entrance and walked right in!! Actually it's the middle part (main stage area) that were only closed off for the VIPs and media. The other two sides of The Red Carpet Avenue is opened for all walks of life.

Yes yes this small kiddo followed me to check out the launch and got himself a balloon and flag :)

{At night, the Red Carpet wears its dress of Light,
in a nightlight scenography, enchanting "THE" place to celebrate}

Aptly phrase, it was indeed an enchanted moment seeing the beautiful structure being illuminated by the lights that throws shadows around.

While walking in thru the side entrance, I spotted these dancers who were warming up for the opening. Alas time was not on my side and I couldn't stay for the Grand Launch although I very much wanted too. Parental duties call first and I need to pick up my boy from class and also run some errands. Thus I left the place BUT not before I went and asked what's the lined up for the night hehehehe.....

pppssstttt..... after the launch which according to the signage will be graced by our Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak, there will be some performances that will last till 1AM. So I'll be back!!

Hhhmm all along the walkway, I spotted these CUBE. Do you wanna know what it is?

If you're been an avid twitter follower, you may have read or seen some videos about these "The Cube".

The Cube was revealed this night at The Red Carpet. By Celcom, The Cube is the only mobile content portal that gives you the hottest tunes, latest buzz, games and much much more. Basically The Cube is EVERYTHING you need!!

There will be contests, tie-ins and more to give you an experience that is simply out of the BOX! :D Prick your curiosity? Find out more at thecube.my.

So as I said, I'll be back and back there I was and spotted some local artiste - Reshmonu, Bunkface, Azizat and you may want to help me to name them out LOL!

The launch, the night where we celebrate being Malaysian is also the night where we celebrate Malaysia Day. At the stroke of 12AM, fireworks went bam bam BOOM!! and everyone say :

HAPPY MALAYSIA DAY!

Encorp Strand Red Carpet Avenue will be the place to see and be seen for it'll be a new dining and entertainment hub in Kota Damansara. Some tenants that I spotted that night includes Muzeum Restaurant, The Tranquerah, BARS etc...

The very next day, I was at that area again and took some shots. Some daylight shots for you to see.

this was the main entrance for the VIPs and media

you seen it dressed in light now it's bare @-@

You can find out more happening events by following Red Carpet Avenue - Encorp Strand.

5 comments:

Merryn said...

I was there too :)

Isaac Tan said...

eh, who's kid is that? :P

ken said...

i didnt know there is a "Red carpet" area there.. been there like twice only.. didn't really explore :)

prince n princess mum said...

Nice event!~

Soulie said...

wahhh i want to check out that place!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
[life-muses] - a memoir... Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template