Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Poon Kee Dessert @ The Strand

Give me a bowl of dessert anytime of the day. I won't say NO :D

Sadly these days in Kay-el city, it's hard to find those stalls that used to be under those big trees selling bowls of sweet dessert and snacks. I so miss those times when my dad brings me to the stall and we sat at make shift tables and enjoy our bowl of dessert and snacks.

Nowadays design and packaging takes over and comfort of the guests. With comfort comes high price and may not necessary gives you good quality!

One of the late afternoons, we were craving for dessert and the only dessert place that I know that also serves snacks is the one is Kepong Baru. Not wanting to go that far, we again scouted around The Strand and stumbled upon this dessert shop ~ Poon Kee Dessert.

Parked our car and went in. Before stepping fully into the shop, I spotted this brick mortar and went and peeked. It's selling "chee cheong fun" Good! there's snack for us to munch :)

Caden went thru the whole menu and had a fun time making orders.

Now let's see what he ordered for us that day....

For daddy and mummy to share, he ordered a bowl of peanut cum black sesame dessert. It's called "Tai-chi". There's a big image of it on the wall but the actual came out looking different >.<

For the brother, he chose Mango Lolo. I still think having this type of flavoured shaft ice should go to 100 yen shop. It's more value for money there.

Now unto snacks, we ordered some chee cheong fun and fried popiah. The chee cheong fun is nice. The sauce taste great and for the popiah, the filling is a lot! I know some eateries you mostly only eat the popiah skin, but this one you can taste the filling. I loike :)

Overall, we found a dessert stall that is close to us, authentic, reasonably priced and yeah I'll be back! :))

2 comments:

Nikel Khor said...

want to try this out..

Kyril D. Soul-X said...

omg the pic and the real thing totally diff LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
[life-muses] - a memoir... Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template