Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Daikon aka Chinese Radish Cake

The last 2 months when I was on leave and had additional radish at home, I decided to try my hand at making daikon, one of my favourite "must have" when I'm having dimsum.

Shredded radish (drained off liquid), dry shrimps, oyster sauce and I forgot what else I put in there! This is the effect of blogging 2 months late!!!

Mix the rice flour into it and put it to steam. 30 mins (was it this timing? watever...) voila! daikon is ready.

Can be eaten steamed (back picture) or fried (front picture). It's easy to make but the recipe need to be improved on further. Until the next cooking/baking bug hit me, this will do for now....

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
[life-muses] - a memoir... Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template