Friday, September 18, 2009

Introducing Prince II - Caden

I had a busy week since the last post. It was indeed Friday, September 11th that I gave birth to our Prince II - Caden.

Went for the last check-up on Thurs (Sept 10th) and gynae said I'm already dilated at 1cm. Thus need to admit the next day at 7am (really early huh..) and latest by 2pm, I would be carrying baby. Gosh, this is like early prediction, can also tell me by what time baby would be out! hahaha... All I could say is this is history repeating itself as when I was with Cavan, these are also the day and the same prediction, only that for Cavan the admission time was 8am. What I meant by history repeating itself was, last check-up for Cavan also on Thursday and deliver by Friday and latest time also around 2pm!!!

This time I really felt all the pain of labour and child delivery right from the start when they broke my water bag. How could it be that when they broke my water bag for Cavan, all I felt was just a needle prick but this, this is really painful!! My contractions was quite far apart and thus around 11am, I was put on drip (sorta "induce") to speed up my contractions. The midwife attending to me told me that if I'm not on drip, dunno afternoon baby will be out or not since my contractions is so so far apart and I'm still having it easy! Not even 5 minutes on drip and my contractions acted up... Gosh this is so terrible, the writhing and pain I felt.

Well, by 12pm the real push started and yeah I cried out loud!! What to do, one need to ease those "pain" off rite. Couldnt careless who heard those cries anyway (the labour ward is full that day!!). Anyway, gynae and midwife told me to keep quiet and keep chin down while pushing coz by crying out loud I was wasting my energy. It worked I tell you, the pushing was better this way hahaha....

I was really worn out tired and just told the doctor use the vacuum and suck the baby out will you!!! His response : give you another 5 minutes and if you still can do it, then I help you with vacuum.. His sentence ended and another wave of contraction came and this time, I push till no more breath also keep pushing coz I felt the baby mid way and dare not stop coz I got phobia baby get "suck" back inside (crazy me).

Glad to say that I did it all by myself this time without the help of the vacuum. I thought that gynae used vacuum again coz I thought I heard some sound but he told me jokingly that yes the vacuum was his 2 fingers!! (boink boink his head, can joke with me somemore!). They call this type of delivery SVD = Spontaneous Vaginal Delivery. I dont like the full name of it, what spontaneous??!!

Caden is out and it's a huge relief (for my tummy hehehe...). This boy is loud for he wailed and cried quite long while they clean him up a little. He's also good at latching on breast. He made a loud suckling sound which surprised both me and hubby :) His brother Cavan, he also cried for a short while and didnt wanna latch on that time and actually throw "trantrum" for forcing him. These are the 2 differences of character that we spotted right after birth!

I stayed in the labour ward almost the whole day waiting to be transferred to the normal ward. Actually the ward is ready but the patient is not out yet as she's waiting for her hubby to pick her up!! So inconsiderate! So during my time in the labour ward resting and waiting, I heard a lot of cries (same like me lah...) and encouraging word of "push" "push" and also emergency that a woman needs to be push to the OT for ceaser as the baby's heartbeat is going down....

Enough crap above, let's introduce Caden Chin. Newest addition to our family....

not properly cleaned up yet....

with me going home

close-up shot on Caden, all pucker up while sleeping

brother Cavan grinning from ear to ear with baby Caden

More pictures and updates on Caden at http://www.babysites.com/sites/cadenchin/

6 comments:

Lola said...

Congratulations! What beautiful boys :o)

Soulie said...

Congratulations Karen! Awwww what a sweet pix of cavan holding caden! And nice name too :)

life-muses said...

Thanks Lola :)

life-muses said...

Thanks Liza. Cavan just cant stop kissing Caden...hehehe...

Ivy said...

Caden look like u... Congrats...

life-muses said...

Thanks Ivy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
[life-muses] - a memoir... Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template