Saturday, January 12, 2008

Crispy Arrowheads

With Chinese New Year just weeks away, I'm having a rather late start this year in preparing stuff to celebrate the Year of the Rat. There's plan to bake cookies rather than purchase it, there's also the house to clean, decorations to be put up, groceries to be bought, etc..

Tried my hand at frying arrowheads as I spotted really big ones in Tesco. The method is simple but rather tedious as you need to scrape the skins, then thinly sliced it and fry it over slow fire. No wonder it's selling so expensive!! However I'm pleased with the result *0*

arrowheads ~ scraped and thinly sliced

arrowheads sizzling away in the hot oil

** the end product **
about 29 arrowheads that only cost me RM11 produces 5 bottles ready to be eaten


Usually salt is sprinkled on it but I prefer mine plain.

5 comments:

Caffeaulait or Caffelatte said...

I love arrowheads! Keep some for me (he he he)

Pris said...

miss the taste of arrowheads crisps so badly...

Yvonne said...

Looks yummy! I'm hungry already

Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ciyou said...

I didn't know it was made from this called "Beh Ji" -(in Hokkien). I have been eating them thru out CNY

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
[life-muses] - a memoir... Blogger Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template